Overcome MS Dynamics CRM Slowness and Optimization of Performance in Dynamics CRM 2011/2013/2015/2016
Here is a checklist which can help you identify and reduce the issues with your client performance:
- Optimize Your Form Load Experience.
- Keep less fields on the form.
- Do not overuse scripts (Avoid OnLoad; Use OnChange since its on demand).
- Trim the ribbon appropriately.
- Be wary of client side enabled rules.
- Use collapsed sections whenever possible.
- Use server side show/hide fields.
- Use ‘read optimized’ forms.
- Use iFrames carefully, the more you have longer it takes to load.
- Use Sub-grids, where necessary as it tend to increase page size quickly.
- Manage the complexity and visualizations of dashboards.
Other than customization,
- Make sure you meet the minimum requirements for Hardware
- Power settings can affect performance
- Proxy server settings
- Configure Internet Explorer for optimal performance: Configuring client-side browser caching and Configuring simultaneous download sessions
- Extraneous processes, applications, and add-ins
- Internet Explorer zoom setting