- Calculated fields are always performed in real time
- Calculated fields are always read only
- Calculated field values are not stored in the MS CRM DB. Instead, a MS SQL function is called in order to perform the calculation and then present the result in a form, view or chart
- Calculated fields can use data from the same entity or any other related entity. They can only span a maximum of 2 entities
- Calculated fields cannot be used to trigger events such a workflow or plugins
- Calculated fields can be used within another calculated field, however you can only have a maximum of 5 chained fields to help mitigate against any potential performance issues
- If the calculate field results is over 4000 characters, the data will be truncated with no indication made to the user.
- Calculated fields will not work in offline mode
- Circular references are prohibited so therefore you cannot reference the same calculated field within the calculation (i.e. within the action section of the calculated field properties)
- Saved queries, charts and visualizations can only have a maximum of 10 calculated fields
- You can only sort a view if the calculate field uses fields from within the same entity. If the calculated field used fields from a parental entity, you will be unable to sort on the calculated field.
Post a Comment